Sunday 2 June 2013

Favorite Fictional Couple

Hazel and Augustus.
I’m a bit obsessed with The Fault in Our Stars, and I think it was the star crossed romance of Hazel Lancaster and Augustus Waters that enthralled me so much. I made no secret that I was head over heels in love with Augustus from his witty comments but I believed in his love for Hazel after their picnic when he told her about Amsterdam. When you have someone saying things like this:  ”I’m in love with you, and I’m not in the business of denying myself the simple pleasure of saying true things. I’m in love with you, and I know that love is just a shout into the void, and that oblivion is inevitable, and that we’re all doomed and that there will come a day when all our labor has been returned to dust, and I know the sun will swallow the only earth we’ll ever have, and I am in love with you.”
Like, God, Augustus, how am I supposed to go on knowing there are no actual real life people like you?
So True!

No comments:

Post a Comment